A fresh perspective. That’s what we asked of our speakers at the 12th WiBF Annual Forum hosted by Deutsche Bank, delivered for the first time by livestream to our members right around Australia and our neighbouring regions.
We extend our thanks to our Diamond member, Deutsche Bank, for their ongoing support of this acclaimed annual event and to our wonderful speakers:
- Susan Lloyd-Hurwitz CEO & Managing Director, Mirvac Group
- Gigi Foster Professor, Director of Education, School of Economics, UNSW
- Shaun Bonétt Precision Group Founder, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer and
- Moderator: Adam Spencer Commentator, polymath, podcast host and author
Just some of the highlights and key takeaways from our speakers included:
- a reminder that greed indeed can be good for kickstarting the engine of the economy;
- that we need to consciously create opportunities for the “informal swish” of quality networking;
- how we get more comfortable with making decisions based on incomplete information;
- finding that “one simple thing” to motivate and inspire us and make us most productive in our work;
- why we should see COVID-19 as a gift for appreciating our time, and use it to think deeply about what we want our life to be; and
- what we can do to take advantage of Australia’s enviable position to lead the global economic recovery.
If you were unable to join us, or you just want to revisit the rich discussion, you can access a full recording of the livestream on your WiBF Member Dashboard at www.wibf.org.au.