The overall aim of the GLAM™ program is to empower participants with enhanced self-awareness and adaptive communication skills required for best practice leadership, whilst further developing their management and leadership skills broadly in preparation for more senior roles.
DAY 1: INFLUENCING THROUGH COMMUNICATION AND LISTENING
- understanding your communication style and that of others
- how we communicate in normal situations and how that changes under pressure
- basic principles of effective communication and active listening
- the differences in how men and women communicate
- communicating effectively across the generations.
Communication is a central part of our lives, professionally and personally. Verbal or non-verbal, intentional or unintentional, active or passive, communication is essential to almost everything we do. In fact, most of us spend between 50% and 75% of our days communicating in writing, face to face, inside our heads, by email or over the telephone. It is critical to our success and fortunately, is a skill we can develop.
DAY 2: RESOLVING CONFLICT CONSTRUCTIVELY, NETWORKING AND MANAGING YOUR CAREER
- conflict resolution fundamentals
- creating a win-win scenario
- using the Conflict Map to effectively analyse and resolve conflict
- turning conflict into collaborative opportunities
- use a Career Swot Analysis tool to advance to the next level
- how to network effectively and strategically
- creating your own brand and managing your image.
Conflict is often avoided by people in organisations and this generates adverse consequences for all parties. The first part of the day enables participants to recognise that during conflict people often don’t pay as much attention to the other person’s needs as they do their own. It helps participants to understand how through constructive conflict resolution a difficult situation can be turned into a win-win scenario. In the afternoon participants will reflect on their careers, and their future potential. Practical, interactive exercises enhance the networking skills to improve your own brand and presence.
DAY 3: FINDING BALANCE AND LEADING THE FUTURE WORKFORCE
- exploring the dimensions of Work/Life Balance
- does it exist? Is it possible to have it all?
- can you pursue other interests in life that are important to you?
- leadership skills required now and in the future
- what makes an effective and inspiring leader?
- what leadership capabilities are needed to succeed in the workplace?
Reclaim time for yourself by managing expectations and raising your self-awareness. Understand how to transition effectively between different parts of your day. Learn how the workforce of today has changed its expectations of leaders and organisations. Leadership today is about being smart, creative and open to change. Strong performers know what inspires and motivates them. They seek more from their work than employment. They are looking for inclusion, collaboration and a sense of belonging.